About Rep. Greg Cheney
Rep. Greg Cheney is serving his first term representing Southwest Washington's 18th Legislative District.
Greg, who was raised in Clark County and is a longtime resident of Battle Ground, is an attorney focused on helping small to medium-sized businesses and providing indigent representation to low-income Washingtonians in need of legal support. He is also a small business owner.
As a member of the Legislature, Greg is focused on:
- Keeping taxes low and cutting government waste.
- Eliminating regulations that hurt small businesses and negatively impact job growth.
- Fixing the Blake decision to recriminalize drugs, while incentivizing treatment-based care over incarceration.
- Increasing funding for, and improving the delivery of, mental health services.
- Working on regional transportation solutions and reducing congestion.
The 18th District lawmaker is currently serving on four House committees – Capital Budget, Civil Rights and Judiciary, Consumer Protection and Business, and Regulated Substances and Gaming.
Greg and his wife Mari have been married for 17 years. They have two young children.
Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctor
George Washington University, Master of Arts, U.S. History
Walla Walla University, Bachelor of Arts, History (Honors Program)
Battle Ground Planning Commission Member; Former Board Member NAMI Southwest Washington; Clark County Republican Party Treasurer; Longtime member, Meadow Glade Adventist Church.